Thursday, February 3, 2011

Frenchy Chair Makeover



     Don'tcha just love finding treasures in thrifts stores? That moment when you lock eyes with an item, and you see your future with it (and you coyly take out a pen b/c you are gonna stab a bitch in the jugular if she even looks like she's lusting after YOUR treasure).  Yep....good times. Well, I recently found such a treasure at Value Village.
          A cute little cane back chair !  She's cute enough, but I had big plans for her. And the best part.........$4.24!!!! Seriously! I hightailed it outta that store in case they came to their senses and charged a reasonable price.  Value Village is a local chain of thrift stores and if you haven't been, they are FABULOUS! Their prices are about 2/3 cheaper than Goodwill (Dude, Goodwill is getting expensive!) and they have nicer things most of the time. Very cute clothes too! I think most of my jackets come from the Village
,
        
Now for the rehab process.....I took off the cushion and sprayed the whole chair with a layer of Rustoleum primer.  Next day, I added two coats of Rustoleum American Accents Blossum White (you can find it at JoAnn Fabrics or Hobby Lobby)   I think it took about 4 coats total of Blossum White. I then followed up with a spray sealer.

       For the cushion, I simply cut my fabric to fit (maybe half a yard or less) and stapled it to the underside of the chair with my trusty staple gun. It couldn't have been easier. I didn't attach the cushion to the chair cause I kinda like it loose in case I have a whim to change fabrics again...

                                    Here She Is!

 Total cost: Chair$4.24, Can of paint $5.00, 1/2 yard fabric $3.00   =12.24 Not bad for a pretty accent chair!   
 Sorry I'm a crappy picture taker . More pretty projects to come!----JESS

3 comments:

  1. Great job on the chair sista. I also wanted to be the first to comment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job girl! I love it : ) I would love to do more thrifting up here but my favorite thrift store is sort of in the ghetto and I'm scared to go alone! But when I go I always find treasures.

    Love the blog name and your babies, they are presh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And now it's mine! All mine! :)

    ReplyDelete